Regular Events 2021 version
As we prepared for the 2020 Drive, we noted that 2020 was not a "regular" year. While we might not be back to pre-pandemic behavior, things are returning to 'normal.' As part of that the Food Drive will be participating in the Chamber of Commerce's "Fall Festival" on September 11, 2021. We hope to see you there.
As a reminder, we plan to hold the annual town-wide food drive, as usual, on the Congregational Church Green during the first weekend in November. We would also like to. remind you that we are still facing an increased need for the Food Vouchers that we fund, so our need for monetary donations to support the Food Voucher Program has also increased. Please consider donating here.
More specific details may be available at the bottom of this page.
The Cheshire Food Drive, Inc. has two main functions and we participate in several regular events to carry out those functions.
The Cheshire Food Drive, Inc.:
- is the sole funding source for the Cheshire food voucher program (Donate)
- hosts the annual Food Drive during the first weekend in November (2020 will be our 47th event)
Our regular events are:
- Annual town-wide food drive during the first weekend in November
- Give Local online fundraising event by the not for profit organizations in the Waterbury/Litchfield area in April
We often participate in:
- Cheshire Chamber of Commerce's Fall Festival at Bartlem Park in early September
- Cheshire Chamber of Commerce's Home, Health, and Garden Show at Cheshire High School usually in March
For the forty-eighth year, we plan to be collecting food donations at the Congregational Church Green on Saturday and Sunday November 6 and 7, 2021.
While we collect monetary donations to support the Food Voucher Program throughout the year, this month is important for that effort as well.
So please consider donating food or money at the green or here.